We often associate Winter with hot chocolate, snowmen, and Christmas, but anyone who is thinking about selling their home in the next 12 months should know that Winter preparation is crucial! Now that the holidays are over, do these 5 things in order to increase the value of your home!
1. Paint. If you’ve neglected this for a while, a fresh coat of paint may be just what the doctor ordered. Fresh paint can make a home feel cleaner and cheerier. Paint is a cheep investment with a big impact! But don’t pick just any paint, make sure you maximize your home’s potential by letting Brandon schedule you a complementary session with a home interior design expert.
2. Update. Winter is a great time take your home to the next level. Buyers are often looking for updated rooms such as kitchens and bathrooms. Granite or laminate? Wood floors or vinyl? It all depends on your market! Brandon can give insight as to how to best position your home in the local market.
3. Ventilate. Having the proper ventilation in your attic can prevent the ice dams that cause damage to your roof. If you notice ice dams and giant icicles hanging off your roof, you need better ventilation in your attic! Have a home inspector or contractor diagnose your home.
4. DIY. Buyers today are enamored with picture perfect Pinterest homes. Putting a “Pinteresty” feature in your home gives a buyer something to remember your house by.
5. Contact your Realtor. Brandon will do a personalized Comparative Market Analysis for your home, share his home marketing strategies, and schedule you a complementary session with a home interior design expert. You may be thinking that you should only contact your Realtor when you’re ready to sell, but that’s too late! A transition this big requires very specific planning.
I don’t have to tell you that your home is your biggest investment so you should take care of it, because you already know that! Anyone who is serious about selling their home in the next 12 months should follow these steps.