We often associate Fall with apple cider, football, and corn mazes. But if you’re thinking about selling your home in the next 6 months then Fall preparation is crucial! Do these 5 things before the snow flies in order to sell your home for top dollar
1. Inspect the roof. Get out the ladder and get up on the roof while you can. Repair any leaks or missing shingles, and replace the roof altogether if it’s due (the average shingled roof lasts about 20 years).
2. Power wash. Make your home shine. A good power washing can maximize your home’s curb appeal! In order to get top dollar for your home, it has to be “Best in Class” when compared to your competition.
3. Take pictures. Take advantage of the colors outside in order to help a buyer
who may be looking at a snow covered house once it’s listed on the market. One or two high quality pictures taken in the Fall will help a buyer who sees it in a different season.
4. Feed your lawn. According to lawn experts (there is such a thing),
Fall is the most important time to feed your lawn!
5. Contact your Realtor. Brandon will do a Comparative Market Analysis for your home, share his home marketing plan, and schedule a complementary session with a home interior design expert. You may be thinking that you should only contact your Realtor once you’re ready to sell, but that’s too late! A transition this big requires very specific planning.